Last updated: 20 Jan, 2024
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Danni in the Desert needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Danni in the Desert permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Danni in the Desert’s legitimate interests
- Danni in the Desert needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
Under the GDPR, if you are within the European Union, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
You ask us to delete the information by sending a request to [email protected]. Please note that such requests may result in you no longer being able to access paid or free content previously provided to you.
Our decision to cease using our existing data providers.
The Company decides to no longer be in business or continue to offer the services.
The data is no longer needed to provide you service, is too costly to maintain further retention, or the Company finds it outdated.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably necessary to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Danni in the Desert follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we strive to follow generally commercial industry standards to protect your personal information submitted to us voluntarily and automatically. However, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security of your information. When you make a credit card purchase or purchase through any means on the website, you will be directed to a third party vendor to complete the transaction. Any information you provide during the checkout process is not stored on our website but instead provided to the third party vendor that completes the purchase transaction.
By using this website, you agree to hold us harmless for any security breach and for any unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. You also agree that we cannot be held responsible for any disclosure of your information through our website without our knowledge and consent.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Danni in the Desert.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: United Kingdom
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Danni in the Desert, accessible from https://dannibindubai.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: All About Cookies.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Marketing Cookies: Please visit the below section regarding Ezoic for more information on the marketing cookies this website uses
To manage the cookies and similar technologies used (tracking pixels, web beacons, etc.) and related consents, we use the consent tool “Real Cookie Banner”. Details on how “Real Cookie Banner” works can be found at https://devowl.io/rcb/data-processing/.
The legal basis for the processing of personal data in this context are Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR and Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the management of the cookies and similar technologies used and the related consents.
The provision of personal data is neither contractually required nor necessary for the conclusion of a contract. You are not obliged to provide the personal data. If you do not provide the personal data, we will not be able to manage your consents.
Comments and Social Media
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. When you leave a comment, your name, email address and website/organization name is not shared with a third party, and may be used to communicate with you.
Social media accounts and sharing options are available on this website. Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and so forth) can track your personal information. Should you choose to interact with us on social media, please note that you will be voluntarily disclosing that personal information. This information is no longer private. It becomes public information and can be collected and used by others. We have no control over and take no responsibility for the use, storage or dissemination of such publicly disclosed personal information by you.
Any such interactions via comments and social media with us do not subject us to any kind of liability related to misuse of your information by others.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
As a general rule, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent with the exception of the following circumstances:
We may disclose your information to our trusted third parties that work with us such as our website hosting partners, email marketing service provider, other service providers that assist in the operation of the website, and any other affiliates and subsidiaries we rely upon to provide you products and services offered here.
We may disclose your information in order to comply with state or federal regulations related to copyright infringement lawsuits or any other legal claims related to the website.
If you are in the European Union and opt in to receive any of our free products or services and/or purchase any products or services through our website then you will be subscribed to receive our free email newsletter once you affirmatively consent to it. Please see Opt Out section below should you wish to “unsubscribe” and not receive any emails from us.
We comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and do not spam or send misleading information. Should you wish to no longer receive communication from us, you have the option of unsubscribing by clicking “unsubscribe” in the bottom of the email we send to you or by contacting us.
As for third party websites, please contact them directly to unsubscribe and/or opt out from their communications.
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Danni in the Desert does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
|Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.
|WordPress sets this cookie when you navigate to the login page. The cookie is used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.
|Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.
|Used to throttle the speed of requests to the server.
|Used to track closure of a cookie consent dialog.
|Stores the id of the wordpress user that is logged in.
|Stores the settings of the wordpress user that is logged in.
|Used by Wordpress sites for security / login purposes
|Used by Wordpress sites for security purposes.
|Used by Wordpress sites to identify the user.
|Used by Automattic for internal metrics for user activity, and to improve user experience.
|Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics
|Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics
|Collects anonymous data on the user’s visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded with the purpose of generating reports for optimising the website content.
|Used to distinguish users by Google Analytics
|Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user leaves the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.
|Collects data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit. Used by Google Analytics.
|Registers a timestamp with the exact time of when the user accessed the website. Used by Google Analytics to calculate the duration of a website visit.
|Collects data on where the user came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked and what search term was used. Used by Google Analytics.
|Used to register what ads have been displayed to the user.
A list of Vendors that may be used on this website
Data Usage Purposes
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.